On Sunday, November 12, 2000, 10:28:53 PM, Alexander wrote:

JA>> It is now up to the user to get a 3rd party program to encrypt
JA>> their data.

> Well, I don't think that this is the appropriate solution. [...] I
> find it a bit drastic to install something like PGPDisk (with all
> its drivers) just to encrypt a few mail files.

IMHO it's quite appropriate to leave this to third-party solutions.
Typically users who are in need of encrypting their mail files have
the same need for other documents or data files they have. It's
neither practical nor efficient for every application to provide
built-in encryption solutions.

> So please, makers of TB, I know you have a lot on the users' wish
> list, but implementing encryption of the mail files should go
> fairly quick.

Well, ask around and you'll find most people think their wishes
"should go fairly quick". :)

(While I think this is better left to third-party solutions, I
certainly don't mind should RIT decide to take it upon themselves.
So I'm not really against your wish.)

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.48 Beta/6 | Win2k SP1