Hello Thomas,

On  Tue, 14 Nov 2000  at  11:02:55 GMT +0800 (which was 7:02 PM
where I live) witnesses say Thomas Fernandez typed:

> Instead, I want one password to start The Bat!. Encryption is no
> issue, but my roommate does manage to hit the TB icon by accident
> instead of the Netscape icon, and the next time I start TB, I find
> unread messages. What I want to prevent is accidental mail checking
> (all accounts are set to "check every xxx minutes") without having to
> go into five seperate accounts.

> Any ideas?

Use the group mode options.

 Options -> Network and Administration

If you use all 5 accounts regularly, create a sixth dummy account that
will be your administrator account. Change the other 5 to User level
accounts, then under the Groups tab, create a group with your 5 user
level accounts.  Now when you launch TB, you'll get a dialogue box
asking for the User name and password.  Just enter the group name and
you'll have access to your 5 accounts.  You can also play around with
Permissions and things.

Note:
You will need to log in as the administrator account to make
certain changes.  However, this would probably be well off set by the
advantages.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal