Hello Doug,

DW> Wednesday, November 29, 2000, 1:21:18 PM, you wrote:

TL>>   1. is there a way to work "offline" (so the bat does not check the
TL>>   mail every...)

DW> I'm a former Calypso user (still within the evaluation period, but
DW> definitely going to register it.

I to have a registered version of calypso.

DW> Mine only checks when I ask it to, you must have changed something!
DW> Look in accounts/properties and make sure you don't have the box
DW> ticked that checks automatically.

No. I want him to check every... minute but I don't like him when i
work on my notebook offline (without an active internet connection)
and i have to change the properties of all my accounts. I would prefer
a button like calypso which says offline/online (i think most mail
client have this feature, am i wrong?). I would like to be able to
answer my mails offline and send them when i connected.

TL>>   2. is there a way to tell the bat that it should not mark any
TL>>   message as read until i mark them manually (at the moment i have a
TL>>   large default time, and i think it is not the best solution)

DW>  Do you mean you don't want them read even after you've read them?

Yes... i usually mark them read, when i'v answered or done my job...
so i know what i've to do (otherwise i would forget the job)

TL>>   3. is there a possibility to see if the message is still on the
TL>>   server or if it has been deleted there

DW> I assume Dispatch Mail on Server All messages will do that --if not,
DW> there are 3rd party programs that will.

...?? sorry i don't understand what you're mean. I just wanted to have
a field in the message window where it shows me (as in calypso and
netscape) if the mail is still on the server or not.

TL>>   4. does anybody now how to import mails from calypso without loosing
TL>>   the attachement? (i think this is the absolut "no go" feature of
TL>>   calypso) Seem there is no way to export them from calypso in a
TL>>   netscape like style ;-((

DW> A Calypso fault?  You can save attachments as part of the message when
DW> you export from Calypso but I don't know how reliable it is.

yes! it don't saves the attachement with (in the mail) message as the
bat or netscape is doing it. i want my attachement together with the
mail and not seperated!

DW> What I do like very much is The Bat's stability. Calypso crashed too
DW> often. The Bat! is also much faster and I don't have to wait forever
DW> to enter a new folder. And I don't have to run another instance to
DW> look at another account.  Setting up filters could be a bit more
DW> automatic, but hopefully that will come.

i didn't have any crash with calypso (and i've used it more then 2
years now) do you have the currents version?
i don't like the feature of no real export possibility.

DW> Doug

 Thomas

 Thomas                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]