On 03-12-2000 at 11:57:16GMT +0200 (which was 9:57 where I live)
Ville Vels wrote regarding the subject of "Corrupted attachments"

VV> Hello,

VV> I'm a registered user of The Bat!. I use the program every day at work
VV> and I usually send about 10 - 15 attachments (Word documents) in a
VV> day. The problem is that many people reply to my mail and comlain that
VV> they cannot open the Word documents I have sent to them. When I check my
VV> "sent mail" folder and try to open the sent attachment from there then
VV> I cannot open it either! I even tried to save the file from the sent
VV> email back to my hard disk and it didnt open from there either. I
VV> found out that the attatched file is a few kilobytes smaller than the
VV> actual file should be (for example the last file I sent was supposed
VV> to be 70KB but after sending it was only 55KB). If I send the file
VV> again, then it's ok. It happens randomly. I really cannot use The Bat!
VV> like this anymore because the problem is quite frequent. I think that
VV> this is a bug in The Bat! I have tried both the 1.47 version and the
VV> 1.48 Beta versions and the problem is still there. Any suggestions?

Hello Ville,

each word attachment, which is included via "utilties-attach_files-quoted
printable" becomes corrupted.
So maybe this is the reason for your problems. And I wonder if this a
bug.

Regards

--
Manfred Ell

using TheBat 1.48 Beta/9 on Windows 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 1, RC 1.1

Quid pro quack: Something for a phoney.