Hallo Gerd,

On Sun, 3 Dec 2000 17:37:56 +0100 GMT (04/12/2000, 00:37 +0800 GMT),
Gerd Ewald wrote:

GE> I tried all three possibilties and tested it with open files. I created a
GE> word-doc which was already saved on hd and opened it in word. I sent four
GE> mails to my second account using different ways of attaching.

GE> b) DOC-File opened tmp-version attached as MIME: unreadable, only fragments
GE> of text.

I am not sure the tmp-version is supposed to yield positive results.

GE> c) DOC-File (not opened tmp-version) attached as quoted-printable:
GE> unreadable, not compatible

I think here we got it: quoted-printable doesn't seem to work for .doc
attachments (and maybe other non-ASCII).

Ville Vels, (original poster): have you set quoted-printable? If so,
does your error persist when you switch to something else?

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

-Money can't buy happiness but it can certainly rent it for a couple of hours.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.48 Beta/9
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
using an Intel Celeron 366Mhz, 128MB RAM