Hello Marck & other fellow TB! Users following this thread,

Thursday, December 21, 2000, you relied to Nick regarding older
versions of TB having a virus vulnerability here.:

NA>> If I am not mistaken, those viruses came to the List with a
NA>> *.pif and *.scr attachment which TB! should not have tried to
NA>> open despite having no text in the body.

MDP> Not only "should not" but "would not" - it has no mechanism to
MDP> automatically open *any* attachment with one caveat:

NA>> TB! does in fact 'show' an attachment such as a *.jpg or *.png
NA>> file without opening it, so I wonder if there is a
NA>> vulnerability there.

MDP> It will "show" *the contents* of such an attachment (and of an
MDP> HTML). TB uses an internal rendering engine to show such
MDP> imagery. The content must conform to the format of these types.
MDP> Shell execution techniques are not used. From this I can be
MDP> 100% certain that TB has no vulnerability here.

I'm still using v. 1.42 and didn't get infected. Nor have there been
reports or other users getting infected. The logical conclusion is
that TB was not responsible for Bob's getting hit. Evidently someone
opened the file (or another file like it)..

DH