Hello Ming-Li,

On Thursday, December 21, 2000 at 06:41:07 GMT -0800 you wrote on
"default account column settings and threading mode":

> Just found out that checking the "use account default column
> settings" option in a folder's properties would not only do that,
> but also subject the folder to the "default threading mode", if
> there's such a thing.

Is it proper to speak of a default threading mode? I think not. It
appears to me that there is no way to fix threading mode "enough" to
justify speaking of a "default threading mode". True, if you choose a
given threading mode in a folder with the "use default column
settings" checked, the threading mode of the other folders with this
option checked changes too. But so what? You only need to press Alt +
0-5 to change the threading mode to whatever you like.

Is this flexibility not preferable to a true "default threading mode",
where you would have to open a dialogue whenever you wanted to view in
a different threading mode? (Why not go for a "default sorting mode"
as well, then?!)

As I understand your problem it is not caused by the folders sharing
threading mode, but by TB not being able to fix folders by other
parameters than account settings. Some other mail- and news client has
an "apply to sub-folders"-option, and it would be nice with something
like this in TB. But, preferably, something stronger: like an option
to set *any* folder as model for column settings - and a corresponding
option to *choose* any of the model-folders' settings for a given
folder. I belive this could solve your problems (it certainly would
solve mine!).

I'm sorry that I couldn't make my point more brief and clear, but I
hope it's clear enough to contribute to the discussion of what it
actually is that we should be putting on the wish list in this
respect.

Best regards,

Jannik Lindquist

The Bat! Ver. 1.48e