Thanks for the suggestions, David and Oleg, but the point seems to
be: in Internet Explorer you need to press

ALT
<initial letter for a bookmark or bookmarks folder>
<initial letter for a bookmark>

and the desired page opens: that's 3 or (maximum) 4 keystrokes.

In Opera you need to press

F8       [to access the data field to type into]
<a few letters to distinguish your bookmark / bookmarks folder>
F2 (or Shift+F2)              [to start loading the page]

How many keystrokes is that compared to IE? Time is a key factor in
browsing, and I'm wasting it whenever I need to access bookmarks in
Opera.

Yours,
Alex. of Slovakia
www.avenarius.net

[flying with The Bat! 1.48f
under Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
amd k6-2 500 mhz processor with 128 mb ram]

A Bat-fellow, Oleg Zalyalov,
wrote on Tuesday, December 26, 2000 at 10:04:36 (GMT +0400),
which was 7:04 a.m. in Bratislava --