JA> Do you have any other POP3 accounts with different providers?  Do they
JA> exhibit the same behaviour?

Nope, but I looked at the problem with our MIS guy who configures and
runs the servers and he didn't see anything that was
wrong. Which doesn't mean that something with our mailserver may
indeed be wrong, of course. I'm just hoping for some more information
where to look, especially since Outlook is handling the situation fine
and doesn't have this particular problem :)

>> The problem started happening at some point and all mails
>> that I got after that first email that kept getting duped are now
>> reappearing in my inbox. I THINK it might have started happening
>> after I setup the filters, but I'm not entirely sure.

JA> Did you upgrade to 1.48f at about the same time?

No, that's not it - I downloaded 1.48f today for the first time and
never used a different version :)
This started happening sometime during the day - and since I was
tinkering with the program throughout the day (setting up/adjusting
filters, changing options etc.) it's kind of hard to pinpoint when this
started happening :|

Matthias