On Thu, 4 Jan 2001 15:36:43 -0800, you wrote:

>----------------------------------
>On Thursday, January 04, 2001, 3:03:12 PM, Olivier Reubens wrote:
>

>OR> 1) If I have received an e-mail into one of the mailboxes of an
>OR> account which ISP I'm not connected to at the moment, I CAN retrieve
>OR> the mail, but when replying it'll fail (relaying denied).
>
>When you set the account options for that account, don't specify that
>ISP's outgoing mail server. Under Account Properties, "Transport",
>simply specify the SMTP server of whichever ISP you have that DOES
>allow relaying & is most reliable.
NONE of the  ISP's in Belgium allow relaying.  Any Belgium ISP
allowing relaying will get fairly high fines for doing so.  It is a
way to avoid someone using their server for spamming, and I understand
why this is so.  Even though I still think they could solve it easy
enough if they used authentication.  but what is little me going to do
against big corporations :)
If you know of a provider /smtp server that I could use for relaying,
it may be a solution...

>The ONLY problem with this is that if you receive mail via a pop
>server attached to domain1.com, and your mail is sent out via
>domain2.com, this will appear in the RFC headers in the body of the
>message, and it is possible that your mail could be rejected if the
>intended recipient has filters that would block out mail from unknown
>ISPs, or specifically domain2.com ISPs.
uh huh.... Possible, although why would they do that ?

>OR> I don't mind the originating address to
>OR> mismatch the "from" address which they will reply to.  Most aren't
>OR> smart enough to figure out how to obtain the real originating address
>OR> anyway :-)
>
>The "from" address will still be whatever you set it - the domain2.com
>address will only be seen in the RFC headers. If you look at the
>headers of this email, you will see that my email is at
>"dyslexia.com", but this has been transmitted via ogopogo.flash.net -
>I always do this.
All I care about is that if they hit "reply" it will return into
whatever mailbox I sent a mail out of.  and as I said, I doubt any of
them is smart enough to figure out the real RFC (?) address.  ANd if
they do, well, just as long as Reply will get it where it's supposed
to.  A reply to a mail sent from support should arrive into the
support inbox.

>OR> But, how do I define how to set another "From:" address when I reply
>OR> to a mail from any of said inboxes.  I don't see a way to do this.
>OR> When writing a mail, I can change the "From" to any of my account
>OR> names, but I can't add my other mailboxes to it.
>OR> Am I supposed to make a new mail account for each of my mail accounts
>OR> (which I get via one and the same POP3 loginname)
>OR> I haven't found an alternate way to make other "from" mail names.
>
>Just right click on the folder where you are replying from, and choose
>"Properties" - you can set everything under the tab marked "Identity".
The inbox, outbox, sent... only has a "general" tab.  Is it something
only available in the registered version ?

Olivier Reubens