On Thursday, January 04, 2001, 8:49:17 PM, Andrey wrote:

> It seems to be impossible to enter characters using their ANSI
> codes via Alt+NumPad in TB message editor when the NumPad acts as
> a cursor control keys :-(.

> The correct behaviour is to ignore the NumPad status.

I'm not sure about this. As Thomas said, different scan codes are
sent to the system when the NumLock status is changed. It's up to
the receiving end (the application, I assume) to decide what to do
with it. While you may want TB to ignore the NumLock status, others
may like it not to. Have you ever seen keyboards without the normal
direction keys (arrows and Home, End, PgUp, PgDn)? I do. And I know
people who prefer using the NumPad as direction keys to the actual
direction keys (out of habits).

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.49 Beta/2 | Win2k SP1