Hallo Andrey,

On Sun, 7 Jan 2001 09:54:07 +0300 GMT (07/01/2001, 14:54 +0800 GMT),
Andrey G. Sergeev (AKA Andris) wrote:

AGSAA> Partially - it depends on OS used. In DOS we are limited to 256
AGSAA> characters. In Windows we can use all those characters that a particular
AGSAA> font supports. For example, Alt+0149 != Alt+149 - try it yourself and
AGSAA> you'll feel the difference.

A dot here in both cases - maybe a non-printable character in my
encoding but a russian character in your.

I have always left out preceding zeros when entering codes via
Atl-NumPad.

AGSAA> Again, please remember that we're holding Alt down.

AGSAA> I suggest trying to enter • character (Alt+0149) in the Start - Run
AGSAA> window which is a part of Windows unlike all the applications discussed
AGSAA> here. You'll always get the correct input regardless of the NumPad
AGSAA> status.

The status of the NumLock keys changes the code the keys on the NumPad
produce. So it is a matter of definition what code they should produce
when the Atl key is held down while NumLock of FALSE: the same as with
NumLock, or not? We have seen that the different applications answer
this question differently, and Ritlabs chose the same way as MS when
they developed Word. I don't think this is a big, even though MS chose
to use the other definition when they devleoped other applications.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the ability to reach it.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.49
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
using an Intel Celeron 366Mhz, 128MB RAM