Hello Ming-Li,

On  Friday,  January 05, 2001 at 07:08:50 GMT -0800(which was 1/5/2001
10:08 PM where you think I live) you told to the list :

RB>>> It  is  odd that TB creates a filter string that it cannot later
RB>>> use to filter mail, don't you think?

>> I  really hope RIT Labs will address this very sore point soon. It,
>> among a few other things, stick out like a sore thumb.

ML> Maybe  we  can  come  up  with  a  suggestion for them. The way TB
ML> currently  works  is it takes the whole string from the From field
ML> and put it there, without checking for special characters.

Agree.

ML> I  wouldn't want TB to strip out the "name" part (leaving only the
ML> email  address) for me, however, since I sometimes want to use the
ML> name  instead  of  the  email  address  for my filter (some people
ML> consistently   use   a   very  unique  name,  but  many  different
ML> addresses).

Well, this is rare conditions, IMHO
And if happent, as expert user you can customize through shift-ctrl-S,
right.

ML> Likewise, I don't TB to strip out the email address either.

ML> The way TB is doing, while it won't if you just take what it gives
ML> you, it's very convenient for me to decide which part to strip out.
ML> But I agree it's confusing to new users and should be addressed.

I tend to agree if shift-ctrl-F menu only put mailbox part, so new
user will not confuse (this menu will be the first filter menu for
most new user).

- Syafril -
..................Opinion expressed are only mine........................
Name  : Syafril Hermansyah          |Company : Duta Integrasi Pratama
Mailto: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>     |Voice   : (62) (21) 385-1600
FAXto : (62)(21)351-9241 key:000FAX |URL     : <http://www.dutaint.co.id>