Hi Tony,
     On Sun, 07 Jan 2001, at 10:57:44 [GMT +0000] you wrote:

TB> Hello Charlie,

TB>   A reminder of what Charlie ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) typed on:
TB>   07 January 2001 at 01:15:41 GMT +0000

Cc>> Does the checker load and as quickly when entering it's first
Cc>> spelling error when composing your *own* messages

TB>  I have mine set to auto check each word as I type rather than waiting to
TB>  check the whole doc when I've finished. It tells me if a word is wrong
TB>  as soon as I hit the space bar, well before I can start typing the next
TB>  word.

Same here Tony.

TB>  In Spell Check Options, there is a setting for accuracy and speed. The
TB>  more accurate you want it, the slower it is. I have mine set to "Slow
TB>  but accurate" and it's still faster than I can type.

Really! Just tested that I my machine, and it took 20 seconds for the
suggestion box to pop up! I'm not that quick on the keyboard but at
times even 'moderately fast and accurate' struggles to keep up.

TB>  It can be a bit slow when right clicking to correct a word but that's
TB>  because, depending on how wrong the word is spelt, the amount of
TB>  combinations it checks against. The more accurate you want it, the more
TB>  suggestions it comes up with so the slower it will be.

Point taken, but the delay can be a little frustrating at times. For
me the checker is the slowest of all those I've used. A small and
minor niggle, in what is an otherwise excellent mail client. Perhaps
it's the exceptionally high standards that TB! sets in all other
respects that highlights this very minor point for me.

TB>  On my P233 it seemed to take an age, now I have a P550 it seems almost
TB>  instantaneous. You don't say what PC you have so that may have something
TB>  to do with it as well.

Hhmmm... yes an oversight. I have now added the info to my reply
template.

Cc>> I have the British English version installed. Timed the checker this
Cc>> morning (it's initial opening), it took 35 seconds.

TB>  I just typed out a new, reasonably long message with auto check off.
TB>  Clicked on "Check entire text" and it was booted up an on the first
TB>  wrong word faster than I could blink, well within a second.

There you go, nowt so unpredictable as computers I say.

--
ceejay

www.turnet.co.uk Wales (UK)
TB! ver:1.49 / Platform:Windows 98 ver:4 1998 / Spec:Pll 350Mhz 128MB ram