Hello!

Monday, January 08, 2001, 12:13:50 AM, Jan Rifkinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Marck>> [...] This is a proprietary attachment
Marck>> format  for  Outlook and Exchange users. There is a freeware decoder
Marck>> called  Fentun [...]

JR>   Would an alternative be to save the attachment & open it in
JR>   Word or some other M$ text editor?

Yes, it's the second and the safe method. In this case you could at
least identify the format of this file and decide which program you can
use to further processing. The only suggest I can give is to view the
.att files in some application which is capable to display all
characters rather than the standard ASCII set. The list of those
applications included but not limited to FAR, Windows Commander, Hex
Workshop and UltraEdit.

--

Yours sincerely,

Andrey G. Sergeev (AKA Andris)     http://www.andris.msk.ru/