Hello Ulrich,

UP = Ulrich Peters

On  Wed, 10 Jan 2001  at  10:56:35 GMT -0200 (which was 4:56 AM where
I live) witnesses say Ulrich Peters typed:

UP> Ok. I didn't understand the meaning of the "(?(?=;;);;(.*)|(.*);;)"
UP> part, could you tell me where I can find an analysis of this string?

There is were a series of posts by Marck and myself about this very
pattern on November 30, 2000 on TBBETA.  Here is a link to the message
in the TBBETA archives.

<http://www.mail-archive.com/tbbeta@thebat.dutaint.com/msg08137.html>

UP> Yes. The FormMail messages do always begin with "Below is the result
UP> of your feedback form." and have the field markers "Comment: " and
UP> "Submit". The other messages don't.

Ok, so create two Quick Templates, one for regular quotes, and one for
FormMail Quotes, and fill them in with the appropriate quotes and
quotestyle macros.  Give the regular quotes one a name like: "quotes-"
and the other one "quotes-feedback"

To choose between them, use a simple regular expression such as:

%QINCLUDE='quotes-%SETPATTREGEXP="(?is)^Below.is.the.result.of.your.(feedback).form.$"%REGEXPBLINDMATCH="%TEXT"%SUBPATT="1"'

So if the regexp doesn't find the line "Below...", the subpattern will
be empty and the "quotes-" quick template is inserted.  If the
regexp is matched, the subpattern will be filled in, and the
"quotes-feedback" quick template is used.  Of course you can customize
the quick templates to your heart's content.  It is the names that are
important.

<snip>

--
Thanks for writing,