Hi Lija,

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001 05:54:51 +0100GMT (20/01/2001, 12:54 +0800GMT),
Lija wrote:

> 11 useless rows in ALL message headers here in TBUDL... plus the "signature":

Not that useless. Some mailers read the "List-" headers and you can pop
up a window. We are hoping for this to be included in The Bat at some
time. Well, at least this is how I remember it to be when this large
header was included.

As for the footer, it is necessary, as most people (including myself)
don't always look at the header, but "where is the archive" is one of
those questions that come up too often otherwise.

And the PGP sigs... some people are afraid that others will
impersonate them or change their postings on this list. I don't think
the PGP sig is necessary for anybody but the moderators, but it was
discussed at length - most people disagreed with me - but at least
S/Mime sigs (which are much bigger) were banned. Please see the
archives for more details.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Co-Moderator der deutschen The Bat! Beginner Liste. Anmeldung unter:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.49c
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.