Centuries ago Nostradamus foresaw that net5zero would write the
following on Sat, 20 Jan 2001 20:57:10 [GMT -0500]:

> Then when I try to retrieve mail. The dialog box appear briefly, then
> disappear -- with no new messages after 24 hours since my last
> retrieval. The Log Panel displayed "connection finished - 0 message
> received".  However, theBat NEVER asked me for the password, although it
> was set to do that on every retrieval. [I don't save my password in
> the program.]

I can just give a slight confirmation that something is not completely
right in this area. I have just converted to The Bat! after 5 years with
PMMail and when I set up my accounts I accidentally forgot to add a few
passwords to them. After a few days I got a little suspicious on why I
had not received any mail on that account since when I checked the mail
it confirmed that it actually _had_ checked the mailbox (which it of
course had not done. This error only seemd to appear when fetching mail
from one server (another account did not show this peculiar error). All
in all, 1.49 is the first version of The Bat! that I have put effort in
so I cannot really say anything about earlier versions. Used POP3 for
this account.

> Then I try to send a test message.  The dialog box appears, and the
> graphic bar went from 0 to 100%; then the dialogbox disappears.  The
> "sent" message appears in the Sent folder; but I didn't get it in my
> other account.  No error message.

I use an SMTP server w/o authentification here so this worked fine
anyways.

> I am using Win95a, if it makes any difference; no virus programs, no
> firewalls running in the background.

Win2k here. With antivirus programs/firewalls/proxys etc

// Yours Jonas
--
Jonas Larsson           ((__))         If God didn't want
Tornavägen 19:131        (00)          us to eat cows,

      • ... Stojan Rancic
        • ... Lars Geiger
          • ... Stojan Rancic
            • ... Marck D. Pearlstone