Hi there Marck,

Going back 18:21 24.01.2001. when you uttered the following thoughts:

> lost before the DELE command was issued to remove the already received
> messages.  This  would leave the message on the server by accident and
> have it download a second time on the next connect and collect run.

What I recently saw is that the SMTP server cannot send out the
message correctly:

<...>
DATA
354 go ahead!

message

.

Then no response. The SMTPd flags "connection to mx1.xxx.xx timed
out will retry later", but mx1 already queued and delivered the
message. It should not, but it does.

Cheers,
 Johannes                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
        Responsibility always exceeds authority.