Hello Yuki,

Tuesday, February 13, 2001, 4:50:12 AM, you wrote:

YT> I'm running Norton 2001 AV, but I cannot get it to "see" TB!, so I cannot
YT> configure it to check e-mail as it comes in.  TB! is my default mailer, and
YT> is listed that way in MSIE's Tools/Internet Options/Programs page.  But
YT> when I open Norton to the e-mail setup page, TB! is not listed as one of
YT> the choices.  I'd like to clue Norton in.  (^_-)

You need to set it up to check a manually configured mailer.

>From the help file:

To configure a manually configured email client for protection

If your email client program is not listed in the Email Protection
options list you may manually configure your client to work with
Norton AntiVirus.

1       Click Options on the Norton AntiVirus main window.
2       Navigate to Internet > Email Protection > Advanced.
3       Check Enable Manual Configuration.
5       Click OK to save settings and exit the Options dialog box.
6       Configure your email client to use the new settings shown below.

Setting Name            Current Settings (Example)   New Settings
(Based on Example)
Incoming POP3 Server    mail.ispname.com             Pop3.norton.antivirus
User name userid        userid/mail.ispname.com
Outgoing SMTP Server    mail.ispname.com             mail.ispname.com
See your email client’s documentation for instructions on changing these settings.

 George                   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

*Thawte authorized WOT Notary  * ICQ: 122492 *

A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation.

Finger: [EMAIL PROTECTED] for keys