Hello, fellow Bat-lovers.

On Saturday, February 24, 2001, 8:59:48 AM, Marck wrote:

> Hi Keith,

> On 24 February 2001 at  08:34:11 -0700 (which was 15:34 where I  live)
> Keith Russell wrote and made these points:

>>> If neither of these methods reveals your missing mail, then sadly
>>> they have been vaporised.

KR>> That's what I didn't want to hear 8-(.

> My sympathies are with you.

Thank you. It is appreciated.

KR>> All my mailing list messages go into their own folders. Most
KR>> personal mail does not. The reason is that I don't want to miss
KR>> it. I don't want to have to check dozen of folders every time I
KR>> read my mail, just to make sure I don't miss something important.

> Now that's where the ticker really comes into its own. All new
> messages - *one virtual folder* - wherever that new message may have
> ended up being filtered to. I keep TB in the tooltray most of the
> time. All new message reading is done from the ticker virtual folder.

KR>> What I do need to do is set up more rules to filter mail when it
KR>> is read (I have a few). Even then, I prefer to filter some types
KR>> of mail manually; that way, I can put it in an "Action",
KR>> "Pending", "Important", or similar folder, if necessary.

> That's another way, but when the ticker VF is as good as it is, why
> bother? Even if you don't want to *see* the ticker, move it off screen
> and assign as system-wide hot key to it to open the VF when you know
> there is new mail to read.

Okay--guess it's time to look into the ticker again. You've convinced
me!

>>> Of my 92000+ messages on file here, *zero* reside in the inbox.
>>> Then again, I'm a level 4.5em so no wonders there ;-).

KR>> You're a what?

> Level 4.5 Email-aholic :-).

Ah...missed the "em" reference. I've forgotten how I tested out, but I
know my level would be super-high, as well. But one can be an
Email-aholic without being as organized as you apparently are 8-).

--
 Keith Russell     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
...Useless Invention: Cordless plumb line.

Using The Bat! 1.49 under Windows 98 4.90 Build 3000 on a Pentium II 233 with 64 MB.