Centuries ago Nostradamus foresaw that Marck would write the
following on Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:26:59 [GMT +0000]:

> Alternatively turn off animation completely and turn on the ticker,
> enable the age limit, exclude list folders from inclusion, turn off
> auto-zoom, shrink it (by dragging the edge of ticker) then move it so
> that it's only just visible off the edge/top/bottom/corner of the
> screen. There you go. An indicator that only lights up when there's
> new mail :-) in non-list folders.

This is exactly what I am doing at the moment so I have no problem with
doing what I want, but since I rarely/never open any messages from the
ticker the flapping bat would just be a bit slicker IMHO.

> These are just illustrations that there are ways of achieving the
> effect that won't deprive users of functionality that is clearly
> wanted the way it is by some and "the way Becky does it" by others. I
> want it the way it is. Yes, it's a matter of taste, but WADR it's a
> lot of work and quite a fundamental change to the software (IMHO - as
> a software engineer) for a dab of "icing on the cake".

> I certainly wouldn't want the programmers not to be working on v2 to
> be implementing such a change in v1. Of course, if the suggestion has
> merit in the eyes of RITlabs, then perhaps they can bear it in mind
> for v2.

I agree with you completely on this one, this was never intended to be a
childs cry for "more toys momma" :-) And you might well be right in that
it is a lot of work. My original idea was that you could substitute
and/or use it concurrently with the popping up of the ticker just by a
choice in the preferences.

Yours
--
Jonas Larsson           ((__))         If God didn't want
Tornavägen 19:131        (00)          us to eat cows,