Hello Jerry,

26.02.2001 you wrote:

JC> Hello TBUDL,

JC> Has anybody had any success synchronizing TB with a Palm
JC> handheld?

<skip>

I have. The suggestions are like that:

  1. TB! _must_ be set as default mail client in
  Internet/Programs page in Windows Control Client. It is a good
  idea to run TB! from command line with the switch /InstallMAPI
  at least once. Alternatively, you can use the program fixmapi
  from the Net (unfortunately I don't have a link). Reboot. Win98
  do not accept changes before that (from experience) and I don't
  know about W2K.

  2. Palm mail conduit can synchronize with a single account
  only. It's not the case with other mail applications but I
  found standard Palm Mail the most convenient client. So I had
  to create a dummy account (named "To Palm", isn't it a
  surprize:) to synchronize with. In all "real" accounts I
  created a _manual_ filter that copies all unread messages that
  are newer than 1 day old from the corresponding Inbox to //To
  Palm/Inbox. Thus, if I don't read the message on the computer,
  I manually copy it to the Palm and read it there. I suggest you
  to follow my example 'cause I draw it from experience to be the
  most flexible solution.

  3. Now I use PalmDesktop 4. The previous version uses a bit
  different format of synch.ini file but it should be
  transparent. So, perform mail setup with your Palm software.
  Choose either Eudora or Outlook 4 or MS Exchange (if you use
  Palm Desktop 3 -- frankly I just don't remember, just try one
  way or another; with PD4 use Eudora 3 settings). Edit the
  synch.ini file in your Palm data folder in order the fields
  "Profile", "UserAccount" and "PostOffice" contain the name of
  TB!'s account you want to synchronize. Interface or protocol
  fields should be "MAPI32". See my synch.ini file as example.
  Just remember it is for Palm Desktop 4 version!

  4. Be patient. Synchronization with The Bat! is real slow! Just
  wait while nothing moves on HotSynch window etc. It will be
  successful some day;-)! That's why I set "Do Nothing" as my
  default mail action in HotSynch! I normally synchronize only
  once or two time a day.

Best regards,
 Serge Skorokhodov                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]