On 11-03-2001 at 19:54, jlaikan kindly wrote:

>>> So I used "Kill Dupes". To my surprise identical messages (Text,
>>> Sender, Recipient are identical except Received dates which are
>>> different)remained in the folder.

KS>> Kill Dupes uses *only* message ID to find duplicates. Are
KS>> you sure that you haven't received multiple copies?

KS>> Alternatively: Can you post the headers of two of these
KS>> identical messages here, such as left untouched by the Kill
KS>> Dupes command?

> I thought my problems with dupes are definitely solved, unfortunately
> not.

> I copied messages imported from Eudora Light3.0 twice into a
> folder, thinking that Kill Dupes would remove duplicates. I found out
> that none of these messages displayed their mailer or message ID (even
> if Mailer and Message ID are checked in View/Message Header/Message ID).

Ah, but that is one of Eudora's really big shortcomings
(which I unfortunately only found out about *after* I had
moved to The Bat; had I known before, I would have migrated
much earlier): until version 4.x, Eudora didn't create
message-IDs for outgoing mail. Which in turn means that
there is nothing for TB to check when you order it to kill
dupes, because TB looks at message-IDs.

> Kill Dupes did not remove the duplicates (ALL messages are
> duplicated)which start like this(RCF-822 headers being
> checked):-

> To: "Maximum Output Software" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> From: "L.S.K.  Lai kan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: FILEBACK PC ALERT

See? No message-ID ....

- K -

--

If New Age had been holding the wheel that steered the
twentieth century, we would have nothing black, nothing