Hi, Marck,

On Tuesday, March 20, 2001 at 01:55:17GMT +0000 (which was 8:55 PM where I live) you
wrote:
<snip>
MDP> Not where the message is a mutlipart/mixed or type text/html. TB has
MDP> to make up a name for the html version of the message and uses the
MDP> extension which is the primary association for the MIME type in the
MDP> registry.

As I mentioned in a different message - my system at work has a
similar problem - the "extension which is the primary association for
the MIME type in the registry" for me is .STM. Once I went into WinAmp
and stopped its grabbing the .STM files - everything started working
for me as far as double-clicking on the file is concerned. However,
now I am curious:

Where is this extension stored - how does TB determine it exactly? I
searched my registry for .STM but pretty much the only place I found
it was as defining it as a text/html type file - but so are .htm and
.html. I would certainly prefer that the messages be called
"message.htm" or "message.html" instead of "message.stm" as they are
now.

Interestingly, at home I also have IE 5.5 (but on win98se) and there,
they are saved as message.html.

 Leo                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! v1.51 on Windows NT 4.0 Build 1381 Service Pack 5