On 03-04-2001 at 08:05, Armin Schweitzer kindly wrote:

> But I just saw that the files that stores
> the mail are not encrypted. Is there a way to
> keep them encrypted?

No. The only way to keep them encrypted is to use an
encrption program, such as PGP-disk.

> It's because we're having our user home directories
> on a central server.
> I use passwords for my email-accounts. But as far
> as the files contain the messages in plain-text
> it's not worth much.
> I'm using TB under NT4 SP6a and Win2k SP1 and the
> Mail-directory is stored on a Sparc-Workstation
> using Samba.

Under WinNT you can set up private directories for users
that other users cannot access. Perhaps that's the way to go
about it...

- K -

--

I actually don't think I'm the first ever transsexual member of
parliament in the world. Margaret Thatcher beat me to it by a