On Sat, 14 Apr 2001 at 10:42:36 -0400 dMb wrote:

> I'm happy to report that moving from my Win 95 to Win2k machine was
> very easy.

Good.

> All I did was back up the registry settings and then copied the
> entire TB! directory structure onto a zip disk.

> Insert zip disk into new machine, copy to same directory structure
> and restore the registry settings.

Wait a minute. You didn't mention installing TB on the new machine.
Did you do that? Or did you just copy the whole thing (program and
mail base) over?

The difference? Upon installation, TB make changes/additions to the
registry. Most, *but not all*, of them are under the HKCU...\RIT
tree, as explained several times on the list.

Those not under the tree are not user-specific or system-specific,
so there's no need to move those settings when you move a TB
configuration from one machine to another. But that doesn't mean you
don't need those settings. If you haven't installed TB on the new
machine, therefore, it's wise to do it now.

> The only thing that has stopped working is the spell checker.

I'm not sure it's related to what's said above. Why don't you try it
(unless you've installed TB; just didn't mention it) and see if it
helps.

Or see if others have better clues.

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.52 Beta/4 | Win2k SP1