Hello Paula,

Saturday, April 28, 2001, 10:02:14 PM, you wrote:

I find myself in the same case as you. Being a former user of OE5 for
both e-mails & newsgroups, I switched to TB! for e-mails and still
keep OE5 for newsgroups. I agree with you that it is very convenient
to have both functions in the same program.

I have been told by Ritlabs  that a newsreader will be implemented in
version 2 during the course of this year. So I am sticking to OE5 to
avoid learning another newsreader.

>From time to time I import my newsgroup messages into TB!. The
inconvenience is that my e-mails are downloaded twice. With OE5 & TB!

BTW does anyone know if OE5 can be prevented from acting as e-mail
program while still being a newsreader?

 P> Hi All,

P> I recently learned that Microplanet has stopped development work on
P> Gravity, which I've been using for a long time for news reading. I like
P> Gravity a lot, but I've been wanting the ability to organize newsgroup
P> messages into folders, which was promised for the next version. Now,
P> that it's uncertain whether or not there will ever be a next version and
P> certainly not for the foreseeable future, I'm thinking about
P> alternatives.

P> My basic problem is that I subscribe to both a lot of mailing lists and
P> a lot of newsgroups dealing with the same subjects related to computing.
P> I save a lot of messages from both sources for future reference.
P> Retrieving the information, though, is clunky with having to search both
P> sources separately and not being able to categorize the newsgroup
P> messages at all. And, I'm just tired of having information
P> scattered all over the place.

P> So, I was thinking that I might switch to using Agent for both
P> newsgroups and mailing lists, keeping The Bat! for non-mailing list use,
P> but that would be a kludgy workaround. I'd rather find a way to get my
P> newsgroups messages into The Bat! So, I was wondering if anyone knows of
P> a news reader that would let me save out messages in a format that I
P> could import into The Bat!? Or, is it a totally goofy idea?

 jlaikan                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]