Merci Olivier & thank you Ottar & Chris,

It worked. I have gone to Tools/Accounts/Mail Properties/ and I
unchecked "Include this account when receiving mail". It was not
necessary to delete the accounts.

As for newsreading, it would probably be an optional "plug in" to TB!

Sunday, April 29, 2001, 10:06:49 PM, you wrote:

OM> Dear jlaikan,

OM> On Sunday, April 29, 2001 (18:31), you wrote :

j>> BTW does anyone know if OE5 can be prevented from acting as e-mail
j>> program while still being a newsreader?

OM> Yes.
OM> Edit the properties of the shortcut you click to launch Outlook
OM> Express, so that you start OE with the following switch "/outnews"
OM> (without the quotes of course).

OM> Outlook Express will now advertize itself as "Outlook News Reader". It
OM> will have NO more mail settings. Not even menu item to add a Mail
OM> account. That's funny and pleasant.

OM> IMHO, news reading *should not* be added to The Bat !.

 jlaikan                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]