SC>> Friday, May 04, 2001, 12:13:07 AM, j. allen r. day wrote:

>>> I  have  a similar SPAM filter, with more-or-less the same rule--
>>> however,  I  have  it  deliver  the messages into a folder called
>>> "SPAM" -- messages in this folder are only allowed a life span of
>>> a  day  or  two  --  so,  I  can go through the folder and see if

SC>> Do you manually delete the messages in that folder or do you
SC>> have an automatic way to do that ?

PP> try  the  Properties  of the Folder and there the point "Keep
PP> messages  in  the  base for (days)" ... Set it to 1, 2, 3 ...
PP> whatever  you  want and a "Purge Folder" deletes all "to old"
PP> mails.  More  automatically  is additionally checking "Remove
PP> old messages" in the "On exit" part of the folder properties.

Precisely  my  setup  --  I  have  it  set  to automatically kill
messages  after  1 or 2 days (can't remember, too lazy to look) -
and  have it set to automatically delete old messages on exit . .
.  I  very-seldom  find any sort of SPAM in my inbox anymore - it
all works real nice and sleek, like. :-)

j.

--
Created by The_Bat! Version: 1.52 Beta/14
in Windows 98, build 2222