Hi Roland,
On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, at 09:08:58 +0200 you wrote:

RB> I don't understand this because I have 8.5.8.ckt Build 04.
RB> What are the differences between 04 and 05?

These are IMO the most important fixes of that release.

3) Fixes for Klima & Rosa style attacks on DSA Keys.
5) Fixes for the so called "ASCII Armor Parser Vulnerability",
 http://www.atstake.com/research/advisories/2001/a040901-1.txt
 Please note that the above is not a PGP problem, it's a windows
 problem, and is not limited to ASCII armored files.
 The PGP dll's are now protected via the KnownDLLs registry
 entries. Also the user is prompted for the location where he
 wishes to save the decoded file should the program detect an
 encoded .dll file.
6) There are now two PGPmemlock and PGPdisk drivers for windows
 NT/2K, One is compiled with the windows 2000 DDK, and the other
 is compiled with the NT 4 DDK. The OS specific one will be
 selected by the installer.

To view the full list, go to www.ipgpp.com and select 6.5.8ckt
05 for download. Before actually downloading, you will be
presented the complete list of changes.

--
Regards,
Lars

The Bat! 1.52 Beta/10 on Windows NT 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 1
|        Lars Geiger  |  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        |
| PGP Key: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=GetPublicKey> |