-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Ryan Phillips
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2001 04:51 PM
To: Steve Mills
Subject: Re: The Bat! and Windows 2000

Hello Steve,

Saturday, May 19, 2001, 4:37:16 PM, you wrote:

SM> Pardon me if this is a repeated message, I sent it once in trying to
SM> subscribe to this list.

SM> I had no problem with The Bat! running Win98SE and WinMe. I just
SM> migrated to Windows 2000 and now I have terrible problems contacting
SM> mail servers. Time-outs, failure to send, etc.

SM> Outlook works beautifully in this environment (of course).
SM> Things are so bad that I had to send this email using it.

SM> Is there a reason that The Bat! has trouble in Win2K?

SM> I am on a Micron Millenia 667 with 256 megs of ram, modem is a
SM> USR 56k Performance Pro PCI, using the latest version of The Bat!.

SM> Thanks!

SM> Steve Mills
SM> www.millsphoto.com

I don't have any problems running The Bat under Win2k, save for one
problem.  One server that I use for email constantly has trouble
receiving email, but I don't think this is the bat's fault.  I'm
betting it is a bug on the mail server.  Other than that, the
application works fine.

Perhaps you should check Options->Network & Admin to make sure your
network settings are setup correctly.

 Ryan

Hi, Ryan.

I selected for The Bat! to be Workstation with TCP/IP, wouldn't this be
correct? I'm just on a regular ISP dialup, no existing network. I have all
priviledges and there are no groups.

I keep email on 3 different servers. One with the dialup and three other
accounts on two servers (netservers.net with HostPro). The same difficulty
applies to all 3 servers. I get only sporadic connection to any of them when
using The Bat!.

Thanks!

You are subscribed as : [EMAIL PROTECTED]