Hello Jan,

On Sunday, June 03, 2001 at 6:29:13 PM you wrote:

JR>    I thought I read somewhere that some viri are now being spread via
JR>    jpg or jpeg files; don't know if that's correct. But assuming it
JR>    is, I noticed that these file types do *not* produce a TB! virus
JR>    warning. What are your thoughts on this?

I may be wrong, but even as a technical there is no space on my imagination
for Image-viri as I've NEVER seen any (not proprietary) image-format that
contains executable code. So without executable code viri are impossible.
What I cannot deny in general the the hypothetical possibility of viri in .psd
or something else, because I don't know if there are informations stored in
them formats that could contains executable code.

AFAIR there also was a Bug in Netscape <= 4.76 where a .gif image could
contain javascript because of a bufferoverflow of Netscape, but this was not a
.giv-virus as more a Netscape virus (and the hidden code was limited to
JavaScript!!!)

--
Regards
Peter Palmreuther                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]