Hi Robert,

On Thu, 07 Jun 2001 12:04:02 +0900GMT (07/06/2001, 11:04 +0800GMT),
Robert Kidd wrote:

RK> I am in the process of making a purchase decision and I need to have a
RK> Japanese capable e-mail client. Does the English version of "The Bat" have
RK> the ability to send and receive Japanese e-mail flawlessly?

I was waiting a bit to wait for our "Japan fraction" to say something,
but they don't seem to be online.

So I talk about Chinese: From my POV, it works flawlesssly under
Chinese Win 98. ?That means I can read and write Chinese language
messages without any problems (except that I don't read/write the
language).

However, there is one flaw that makes it unusable for actual Chinese
people: TB does not wrap Chinese text, as there are no spaces between
the characters and TB treats a whole dissertation as one long word.
Correct line break should be at xxx characters throughout the text,
anything else is considered impolite over here.

Does that answer your question in any way?

There is also a home page by a guy called de Hoog (forgot the URL, but
I think his first name was John), and on his webpage he compares
several mailers under Japanese, including an old version of TB. He
lives in Japan. Try to hunt for that website.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Moderator der deutschen The Bat! Beginner Liste. Anmeldung unter:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.52f
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.