Thanks.  Yes, "External Image Viewer" is toggled on.  If I
double-click a GIF in Explorer, it opens with Fireworks.  If I
double-click on a GIF in TB!, it opens with MS Picture Viewer.

      John

rec>> Can The Bat! be configured to open attachments (specifically GIF, JPG,
rec>> & TIFs) with the associated application?  Every time I double-click an
rec>> attachment, it opens in MS Picture Viewer rather than the associated
rec>> Fireworks.  I've double and triple-checked my associations and all
rec>> appears correct.  It's a pain to save the attachments only to open
rec>> them with a different app.