Hi,

Tuesday, June 12, 2001, 8:32:21 PM, A Curtis Martin on TBUDL wrote:

> This still sounds like a Windows problem since TB!, AFAIK,
> simply takes the association from Windows and uses it. TB!
> opens ACDSee as it should for me.

I had a similar problem a while ago (Jan 2000), when TB! would
open Word files with MS Word, when I had them associated with
WordView to minimize the risk of macro viruses.

Andrew Lovetski provided this insight (taken from the archives):

============ Begin Quote from Andrew ================

So, your problem is as follows:

When a file is double-clicked in TB, TB performs Open command.
Hence, WinWord is fired up with your file.

When a file is double-clicked in Explorer, the Default command is
executed (WordView in your case).

Work-around: go to File Types dialog (in explorer), create a new
command "Open with Word" and copy all stuff from Open command to
"Open with Word" command (that is just create a copy of Open
command - AFAIR, explorer won't let you rename the Open command).
Then associate the Open command with WordView - that is copy all
stuff from WordView command into the corresponding fields of Open
command.

Now the Open command will fire up WordView, and to open a file in
Word you'll have to use the command "Open with Word".

Oh, and don't forget to keep the files with exported parts of
your registry. Just double-click them to restore the system to
the previous state, in case if smth goes wrong...

HTH and Good luck...

A question to TBUDLers:

Should TB use the Default command (as configured on user's
system) when double-clicking a file, or should it just open the
file (that is always use the Open command)?

Best regards,
Andrew

============ End Quote from Andrew ================

--
Regards,
          Mike

Using The Bat! 1.53
under Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222  A
Mike Harlos          Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
PGP Keys: DH/DSS- 0x8CD85BCE    RSA- 0xBBDB40B1