Hi Marck,

On Sunday, June 17, 2001, 1:03:30 PM, you wrote:

> The only place to look at this is in the Registry. You're looking for

>     HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\open\command
>     HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\open\ddeexec

> I found that in may case the command line included a %1 parameter,
> meaning that when the shell command was executed, the mailto address
> should be passed to the command line as a parameter. The ddeexec
> section also specified that a parameter was passed in via DDE. Such a
> duplication of parameter passing would lead to two messages being
> created.

  YES!!! VICTORY!!! That was exactly the problem; now the Bat works
perfectly. No more contemplating which email client to stick with. If
anybody else has this problem, here are the specifics of what to do:

1. Go into Options-->Preferences and click on the "Applications" Tab.
Associate the Bat as the mailto: handler and UNSELECT "Check that the
Bat! is default mail client at startup." (The program likes to undo
the "fix")

2. Run regedit and go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\open\command.
Take the %1 out of the "Default" value.

Cheers to Marck for finding the solution. I am now a happier person.

albert
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]