Hello Jan,

Friday, June 22, 2001, 9:41:37 PM, you wrote:

Homesick>> Zone Alarm

JR>     Assuming you have the latest version of Zone Alarm installed,
JR>     have you had this problem *without* Zone Alarm running? If you
JR>     haven't tried this, you might want to give that a shot.

JR>Jan Rifkinson
JR>Ridgefield, CT USA

Same thing without the Zone Alarm running :-(

 -------------------

 Marck P. wrote :

MDP> You could try a process of elimination - turn off the other apps one
MDP> by one to see if any of them are interfering.

I ran only the OS and TheBat. It's still crashing.

MDP> Another thing you can try is to either use the TB backup routines or
MDP> to zip up the mail folders and keep the HKCU/RIT registry key safe.
MDP> Once you have done that you can uninstall TB and delete the registry
MDP> key. Then you can try a virgin install and see if that crashes in the
MDP> same way.

I did this. I backed up my accounts, uninstalled but kept the Registry entries.
Installed the 1.53d again. Started without any other app running, it crashed.
I uninstalled with the old uninstaller ( 1.53d comes without any, right ? ), now
with the option of deleting everything.

The new installation ( after importing the backup ) lasted for about 10 minutes.
It crashes while reading mail, while trying to write a new mail, by just
clicking around and changing accounts viewed...
I really don't know what to do.

I've tried to narrow the cause  but what now ?

_And_ I'm having the problem with registering the new installation because the
Pasword key wouldn't be accepted. I've used the info I've got from the Ritlabs
when registering/paying for my educational copy - Wed, 26 Jan 2000 04:46:43 GMT.

Thanks very much for any further help with this :-)

BTW, could somebody send me ( or link me to ) some earlier version, like the
Christmas edition which worked perfectly here ? Just so that I can try if the
crashes stop ?

--
Kind regards,
Homesick Mac