Hello Mac,

On Sun, 24 Jun 2001 13:10:45 +0200 GMT (24/06/2001, 19:10 +0800 GMT),
Homesick Mac wrote:

MDP>> Another thing you can try is to either use the TB backup routines or
MDP>> to zip up the mail folders and keep the HKCU/RIT registry key safe.
MDP>> Once you have done that you can uninstall TB and delete the registry
MDP>> key. Then you can try a virgin install and see if that crashes in the
MDP>> same way.

> I did this. I backed up my accounts, uninstalled but kept the Registry entries.
> Installed the 1.53d again. Started without any other app running, it crashed.
> I uninstalled with the old uninstaller ( 1.53d comes without any, right ? ), now
> with the option of deleting everything.

I did thefollowing once, as people on this list reported it helped
also them:

Back up the TB subdirectories (and for good measure also the TB main
directory), and uninstall completely.

Make a fresh install, do not use any backed-up regsitry key. You will
lose a lot of settings, and you will also lose your regustration.

Type your registration into Help / Registration. I hope you kept the
mail with the alphanumeric key when you registred.

Copy the subdirectories back into the TB directory to have access to
your mailbase. Create accounts with the same names as the originals,
and TB will find the settings (POP and SMTP servers etc etc). Hit
shft-crtl-alt-L to make TB find the folders.

This worked here. The reason was a currupt registry (or registry key).

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

ultracrepidarian: (n., adj.) a person who gives opinions beyond his
scope of knowledge.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.53d
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
using an Intel Celeron 366Mhz, 128MB RAM