Hello Don & others on this TB! list & following this thread,

Friday, June 29, 2001,  you stated regarding Poco means "Not Much":

DZ> A more correct connotation would be "little one" and not "not much".

Not true. In Mexico, the most common use of poco is "little"
("quiero poco" means I don't want much, just a little (for example),
and "poca cosa" is a commonly used derogatory term that means the
thing referred to is of slight importance.

DZ> And since you've already decided that it's inferior to TB why
DZ> are you interested in what others think of it?

As stated, my purpose here is to confirm and define what had been
stated by others previously and provide a detailed response
consisting of specific, point by point comparisons for the Spanish
TB! list. (See my last post on the subject and add TB!'s Endless
Undo feature, as well as the Paste as Quote feature).

DZ> Poco is a very good mail client, I was a beta tester for the new 2.5 release.
DZ> No, it's not TB, but TB is not Poco, either. Poco handles multiple accounts
DZ> and/or users with ease, while with TB you must either use filters or put up
DZ> with multiple folder sets in order to handle several POP accounts.

I found Calypsos single inbox with an account column very
functional, but I only used four accounts at that time and other
defects of both Calypso and the MCS Dallas Tech Support made using
it out of the question.

DZ> Poco's filtering is adequate, but TB's runs rings around it.
DZ> Conversely, Poco's scripting language, if you care to learn it,
DZ> is more powerful than any filter set you can create in TB.

DZ> Poco's handling of html mails isn't dependent on IE's ActiveX components. TB's
DZ> isn't either, but Poco does a much better job of rendering html. Poco also lets
DZ> you encrypt individual messages or folders you wish to keep from prying eyes.

DZ> But, TB's advanced folder properties and templates & macros leave Poco in the
DZ> dust if you need to handle and sort a lot of mail.

I get over a hundred a day.

DZ> Each program has its good points and bad points.

And that is exactly what I expected to define.

DZ> Just slamming a program without at least giving it a look is
DZ> extremely narrowminded.

My evaluation was based on statements made by people whose opinions
I respect. OTOH, I find your evaluation of my intentions and
opinions both groundless and tasteless. You misinterpret myu purpose
and there is no need to interject any personal attacks here. If you
insist, do it off list.

DZ> Which program do I use? Neither, I currently use Becky v2.0. :-)

That is your privilege. Thanks for the comparison (but hold off on
the rest. Frankly, I don't see a need for seeking your approval
before stating an opinion and I'm open to reviewing whatever facts
can be provided, impersonally.  This IS a TB! list, after all).

Douglas