Hi Allie,

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001 18:39:04 -0500GMT (04/07/2001, 07:39 +0800GMT),
A Curtis Martin wrote:

ACM> Wouldn't the anti-virus program have to be optimised to handle TB message
ACM> bases in order to locate and extract just the virus from the message base
ACM> file? Otherwise it will delete the entire message base when you ask that
ACM> the infected file be deleted.

Correct. For any AV-program, the whole message base is one file. In
order to identify the message with the attachment in its body, you
have export all messages, which makes them seperate *.msg files. And
then scan these individual files.

ACM> The only way I can see you knowing exactly which message is infected is
ACM> when the message is scanned upon receipt

No, because the error message will identify the file bat1276.tmp as
the infected one. Yes, this is the message, but you don't know right
away which one it is.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Moderator der deutschen The Bat! Beginner Liste. Anmeldung unter:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.53d
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.