Hello All,

I am wondering after re-install over existing installation all
settings are keep untouched, but automatic mailcheck is off!!!

hzc>> On Fri, 20 Jul 2001 06:35:45 +0200, Shahar wrote:

>>>I had this problem on my M$ 98 box. It showed up on ver 1.53d.
>>>Now I have a new Laptop with NT4 on it and it does dial and check mail
>>>periodically.
>>>
>>>On Friday, July 20, 2001, at 03:17:29, Jan wrote to Shahar about:
>>>Automatic mailcheck does not work [please help]

hzc>> I don't have the original message from Shahar, but I'm having the same
hzc>> problem with automatic mail checking. I'm almost positive that this is
hzc>> a bug, for two reasons:

hzc>> 1) The problem just spontaneously occurs; it manifests itself without
hzc>> any changes to TheBat! configuration made intentionally by the user.

hzc>> 2) I don't know who could duplicate the following scenario, but on my
hzc>> system (Win2k), TheBat! *is able* to perform the automatic dial and
hzc>> check upon startup. So aside from the difference between checking at
hzc>> startup, and checking periodically, how could TheBat! possibly
hzc>> (logically) be able to dial & check in one instance, and not the
hzc>> other? The program uses the same basic 'dial & check' procedure no
hzc>> matter when you choose to have it done. But now only on startup?

hzc>> Looks like a bug to me.

AK> I have the same problems with The Bat! Version 1.53d under
AK> Windows NT 4.0 Build 1381 Service Pack 6 using LAN network connection.
AK> It worked fine for several days after installation. I didn't make any
AK> changes to account settings. Then suddenly stop working... It looks
AK> like this bug appears with new Connection Center.

 Andriy                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]