Hello,

On Friday, September 14, 2001, 11:58, Ottar wrote:
OG> Hello TBUDL,

OG>   I am norwegian and uses the norwegian letters æøåÆØÅ a lot, even in
OG>   subjects.

Similar situation with me - I'm lithuanian ad I am also using specific
lithuanian letters a lot.

OG>   It seem that the standard encoding for these letters with The Bat is
OG>   8-bit for the massage body but some kind of 7-bit translation for
OG>   the headers. This created troble with a mailing list I participated
OG>   in. The program that made Digests had hiccup evey time my messages
OG>   with 7-bit ÆØÅ in headers came through.

OG>   I switched to Quoted Printable encoding. This works fine for this
OG>   list, but there is trouble when people with Outlook Express shall
OG>   answer my mail. The quotes from my message does not get properly
OG>   marked as quotes.

This is known problem of Outlook Express of earlier versions - it does not
quote messages if they are quoted printable. People should update their
Outlook Express program.

OG>   Now I will try to use 8-bits both in message body and headers. Is
OG>   there any dangers with that?

I've tried to do that. Outlook Express version 6 handles that, but some
earlier versions (sorry, don't remember exact OE versions) don't. Now I am
useing 8 bit encoding for message body and Base64 for headers.

OG>   Is it possible to change encoding between recipients, for instance
OG>   via a macro in a template, or is this an account property only?

It seems it is not possible.

By the way, I've just noticed that this list removes header information
about charset used in message. Why?

Right now I find in my header:

But I am sure that it will become just

--