Hello TBUDL,

  I am norwegian and uses the norwegian letters æøåÆØÅ a lot, even in
  subjects.

  It seem that the standard encoding for these letters with The Bat is
  8-bit for the massage body but some kind of 7-bit translation for
  the headers. This created troble with a mailing list I participated
  in. The program that made Digests had hiccup evey time my messages
  with 7-bit ÆØÅ in headers came through.

  I switched to Quoted Printable encoding. This works fine for this
  list, but there is trouble when people with Outlook Express shall
  answer my mail. The quotes from my message does not get properly
  marked as quotes.

  Now I will try to use 8-bits both in message body and headers. Is
  there any dangers with that?

  Is it possible to change encoding between recipients, for instance
  via a macro in a template, or is this an account property only?

 Ottar                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]