Hi Nick,

On Mon, 1 Oct 2001 16:45:16 -0700GMT (02/10/2001, 07:45 +0800GMT),
Nick Andriash wrote:

>> ok so I broke down & got a cable modem. Now I can d/l    everything
>> much faster but I can't send any mail out. I    get a "relaying
>> denied" error msg in the log.

When I got cable at home, they provided me with an SMTP server I can
use. Never mind the From data, as long as I am connected through that
cable, I can use that SMTP server. Your cable provider should offer
the same.

However, I am not using that SMTP server, because it is well known to
ORBL and others. so, I am using the SMTP servers of the individual
accounts, for example the GMX server for the GMX account.

I have one account for which I cannot use the SMTP server unless I am
connected through their own dial-up (which still resides on my PC as a
back-up). this may be your probelm, too. For that account, I use the
Myrealbox SMTP server. I can use that for any account I wish, as long
as I log in with my POP data.

NA> Once you have been with Cable, you will never go back to Dial-Up nor
NA> ADSL. :o)

ACK. :-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Moderator der deutschen The Bat! Beginner Liste. Anmeldung unter:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.53t
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.