Hello Miles,

I  have got it. The '\n' continues to the next line from where ever it
is  in  the  string.  I  started  to count the total characters that a
single  logical  record/string  can  have  and  got  to  (I  think 500
characters)  and quit. More beyond that *but* it gives me something to
work with.

Anyone know what the outside logical record length is?

 Miles                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
WinPlat. Windows 98, Build. 2222
RitLabs The Bat! v.1.54 Beta/8, MacroBuild. v1.03.8912 Beta III

"Excess on occasion is exhilarating. It prevents moderation from
acquiring the deadening effect of a habit."

-- W. Somerset Maugham