Hi Gary,

 [SNIP]

> Of course, that saves the email file independently on your HD (in txt
> format), but does not save the message within the TB!'s message base for
> later retrieval/searching after editing. What I am talking about is
> having the ability to edit mail that has arrived. It would be much
> easier to have the ability to edit an incoming message, shorten it by
> deleting unnecessary duplicated info, (as happens on so many of my
> e-groups) and have it stay where it is already, be that inbox or to
> another filtered folder.  Simply put, having the ability to edit
> incoming mail.  There are some MUAs that will allow this.

I'd like this also. I like to use TheBat! for archiving, and moving to
the outbox is tedious. I guess forwarding it to myself might be ok,
but I'd prefer it to be straightforward as it is in at least one other
email client I know of.

Doug

--
 Doug Weller  Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
 Submissions to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]