On Thursday, November 01, 2001, Allie C Martin wrote something about
"PGP - config.problem", to which I'd like to add the following...

HT>> One issue for example I have with PGPDisk is that it behaves TOO
HT>> MUCH like a regular disk, in that if your computer is on a
HT>> network, an administrator can share the thing (only while it's
HT>> open of course) and do anything with your files. Perhaps
HT>> uninstalling file sharing would work, but then there are times I
HT>> actually need to share a file or drive.

ACM> Well, this answers one of my concerns. I was hoping this wouldn't be
ACM> the case. So, the only time you're secure is when the PGP Disk isn't
ACM> mounted.

Yes. :-) Especially considering that the auto-unmount feature (after x
minutes) doesn't work if there are open files on the PGPDisk, which is
always the case if you leave your email program (with it's data files on
the PGPDIsk) open to regularly check for new mail.

Cheers,
Han.

| Han Thomas               25/1 Moo 2 Pa Bong, Saraphee    |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]            Chiang Mai 50140 THAILAND       |