Hello Roberto,

on Freitag, 2. November 2001 04:11:42 you wrote:

> AFAIK IMAP doesn't download your messages, it just gets the list of
> messages and you download/get them "on the fly". It's all stored and
> done in the server.

Thanks    for   your   explanation,   but   I   already   knew   the
advantages/disadvantages  of  IMAP.  The  sad  point  is that my email
provider  allows  10 MBytes or 500 messages on their servers, whatever
comes  first. If I want to be subscribed to the linux kernel mailing
list  (about 200-400 messages per day) I have to retrieve all messages
to  TheBat's  local  folder.  I  don't  want to select messages on the
server  I  just want ALL messages retrieved without manually operating
the mail dispatcher.

> That's the theoretical part of it. I no longer use IMAP, and have
> always used POP3 with TB, so I don't know how the IMAP support is or
> how it words on it.

Until  now  I  could  use  POP3  with  my  account but my provider had
problems with his POP3 support. So I switched to IMAP with the opinion
that  this protocol is superior to POP3 and that TheBat should provide
more functionality with IMAP. In reality it seems to be less.

--
Regards
Thomas                             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]