Hello Hendrik,

on Freitag, 2. November 2001 16:11:29 you wrote:

> Thursday, November 01, 2001, 2:45:10 PM, you wrote:

>> The only way to get my messages is by connecting manually to the
>> internet, invoking the mail dispatcher manually and pressing "Start
>> transfer".

> Ctrl-F2 (dispatch new mai, on server), from there open the Mail Dispatcher
> (Ctrl-M). There you can subscribe to IMAP folders (with the "action" button).
> You specify which IMAP folder gets transferred to which local TB folder.

Thanks for your explanation, but I have done that before (map remote
folder INBOX to local folder INBOX). The mapping works because I am
able to transfer the messages by pressing the button "Start Transfer"
within the mail dispatcher.

*01.11.2001, 14:20:14: FETCH - Connecting to IMAP server imap.xxx.de on port 143
+01.11.2001, 14:20:14: FETCH - IMAP server authentication OK, server says "User logged
+in"
*01.11.2001, 14:20:15: FETCH - 13 new messages detected in 5 mailboxes
+01.11.2001, 14:20:16: FETCH - connection finished - 0 messages received

But the transfer doesn't take place when I press "ALT-F2 aka Check
mail for all".

When  I  think  about  it  TheBat does two different things when using
"Check mail for all":
- checking (when using IMAP)
- retrieving (when using POP3)

On the other side the tooltip on the button says "GET new mail".

Perhaps a new config item has to be suggested: "Retrieve all messages
automatically" in the account management/mail management config mask.

--
Regards
Thomas                             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]